“Romulus Vuia” National Ethnographic Park is an open air museum and one of the two departments of the Ethnographic Museum of Transylvania, established on April 12th 1929. This department was called “Romulus Vuia”, paying and homage to the personality of the founder of this park.
The first sector includes technical installations and rural workshops from the 18th – 20th centuries, which display the traditional techniques of wood and iron working, obtaining the gold, wool canvas, clay, stone working, cereals milling and obtaining the edible oil. The second sector contains traditional rural households representative for distinct ethnographic areas from Transylvania, comprising constructions dating from the 17th – 20th centuries, equipped with the entire necessary household inventory. Three of the most beautiful wood churches in Transylvania are preserved in “Romulus Vuia” National Ethnographic Park: the church in Cizer, Sălaj county, built in 1773 by Nicola Ursu (Horea); the church in Chiraleş, Bistriţa Năsăud county, 17th century and the church in Petrindu, Sălaj county, dated 1612.