Contact Data for Cluj County Council:
Address: Dorobanților Street, no. 106, Cluj-Napoca, 400609, Romania
Phone: +40 372 640 053, +40 372 640 000;
E-mail: [email protected]
Contact Data for Cluj National Centre for Tourism Information and Promotion:
Address: Memorandumului Street, no. 21, Cluj-Napoca, 400114, Romania
Phone: +40 788 100 209, +40 264 450 410;
E-mail: [email protected]
Cluj County Council – Cluj National Centre for Tourism Information and Promotion collects, processes and stores personal data in the EU, being able to demonstrate at all times the compliance with European Union law and the principles set out in this document.
All personal data processing activities carried out by Cluj County Council – Cluj National Centre for Tourism Information and Promotion are in line with the stipulations of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
Terms and definitions
- ”Personal Data” – any information regarding an identified or identifiable individual(data subject), directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification element, such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more elements specific to his physical, physiological, genetic, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity of that person.
- ”Processing” – any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- ”Consent” – any manifestation of free, specific, informed and unambiguous will of the user of the application and the website, by which he accepts, through a statement or through an unequivocal action, that the personal data concerning him to be processed.
- ”Operator” – Cluj County Council – Cluj National Tourist Information and Promotion Center, which processes personal data in the EU, according to legislation and this policy.
- Personal data is processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject.
- Personal data is collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Personal data is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal data is kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
- Personal data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
Who is responsible for processing personal data?
Cluj County Council – Cluj National Center for Tourist Information and Promotion is responsible for processing personal data, as the provider of the website https://www.clujtourism.ro Through our website, we process personal data in accordance with the requirements (GDPR) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
When you visit a website, certain information about you is disclosed (eg: IP address, time of visit, duration of stay on the website, most visited pages, etc. . .). This information is recorded to protect us from possible external attacks, respectively to be able to customize the content of the website according to user preferences. We manage the personal data you provide about yourself or another person securely and only for the specified purposes.
The legal basis of the processing of personal data
Personal data is processed with the freely expressed and unambiguous consent of the website’s user, in accordance with the stipulations of the legislation in force and under the terms of this policy.
What data do we collect and for what purpose?
For unauthenticated users, the following data is collected:
- information about the device of the user (operating system, type of smartphone – model), the network he uses, this information being used for statistical purposes only;
- data collected in Google Analytics, used for statistical purposes to determine patterns in user behavior;
- the e-mail address, used when sending a request to the Cluj National Center for Tourist Information and Promotion, or by filling in any field on the website, which requires the entry of the e-mail address; it will be stored only for the purpose of communication between the parties, it will not be disclosed or used for the purpose of sending advertisements.
Cluj County Council – Cluj National Centre for Tourism Information and Promotion doesn’t process through website https://www.clujtourism.ro personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying an individual, data concerning health or data concerning an individual’s sex life or sexual orientation.
The processing of personal data is done:
- automatically, through Google Analytics, for statistical purposes;
- manually, in order to prepare marketing reports.
User statistics remain anonymous and are not made public.
For what period do we store personal data?
The regulation stipulates that the data will be kept in a form that allows the identification of the data subjects for a period that does not exceed the period necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data are processed. However, personal data may be stored for longer periods to the extent that they will be processed exclusively for archiving purposes in the public interest, for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes. In other words, the data must not be processed more than necessary. After this period, the data will be destroyed or completely deleted from the systems or transformed into anonymous data. The user can at any time request the modification or deletion of personal data by using the contact form on the website www.clujtourism.ro.
What security measures have we implemented?
We are constantly concerned with the implementation of the necessary security measures to minimize the risks of unauthorized access to data and implicitly the impact on the privacy of the users. Thus, we use security methods and technologies to protect personal data according to the legal stipulations in force.
Despite the measures taken to protect your data, please note that the transmission of information over the Internet or other public networks is not completely secure.
The Regulation gives the user a series of rights, which we briefly present in the following:
- right to information and access to personal data, on the basis of which a confirmation can be obtained from us that we process personal data or not, having access to those data and information on the methods and purposes of their processing;
- right to rectification of personal data, that can be invoked in order to obtain, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate personal data or completing of incomplete personal data;
- right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’), by virtue of which the user can obtain the erasure of personal data, without undue delay, where one of the following grounds applies:
(i). the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
(ii). the user withdraws consent on which the processing is based and there is no other legal ground for the processing;
(iii). the user objects to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing;
(iv). the personal data have been unlawfully processed;
(v). the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation;
(vi). the personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services.
- right to restriction of processing, where one of the following applies:
(i). the accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
(ii). the processing is unlawful and the user opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead;
(iii). we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the user for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
(iv). when the user opposes the processing for reasons related to the particular situation in which he is, for the time interval in which it is verified whether in this case the legitimate rights of the operator prevail.
- right to object, under which the user can object to the processing of personal data, including the creation of profiles, for reasons related to the particular situation in which he is, in cases where the processing is necessary for the performance of a task serving a public interest or when it takes place in the purpose of legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party. In these cases the processing will only be done if it is justified by legitimate and compelling reasons, which prevail over the interests, rights and freedoms of the user, or when the purpose of the processing is to ascertain, exercising or defending a right in court.
When the processing of personal data is aimed at direct marketing, the user has the right to object at any time to the processing of data for this purpose, including the creation of profiles, to the extent that it is related to direct marketing.
- right to data portability, that gives permission to a user to receive the personal data concerning him or her, which he or she has provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to send those data to another operator, where the processing is based on consent or on a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means.
By virtue of this right, personal data concerning the user can be transmitted directly from one operator to another, where technically feasible.
We encourage users to check this page periodically to stay informed of the latest developments regarding our personal data processing practices.
How can you contact us?
For questions about processing your personal data, you can contact Cluj County Council in writing at the address Dorobantilor Street, No. 106, Cluj-Napoca 400609, Romania or through email [email protected].
If you wish to make complaints about the processing of your personal data, you can write to the same address, and we will respond within the legal term of correspondence in accordance with our internal policies and procedures.
In the unlikely event that you believe your rights to the processing of personal data have been violated and Cluj County Council – Cluj National Centre for Tourism Information and Promotion did not treat the complaint properly, you can contact the Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing.
Contact Data for The National Supervisory Authority For Personal Data Processing:
Address: București, B-dul G-ral. Gheorghe Magheru, nr. 28-30, sector 1, cod poștal 010336
Phone: +40.318.059.211; +40.318.059.212
E-mail: [email protected]