The History Museum from Turda was built in 1943, the patrimony of the museum integrating approximately 30.000 objects representative for all historical periods. The first exhibits date from middle Palaeolithic (cave bear skulls, rhinoceros and mammoth teeth), continuing with Neolithic (polished stone axes, weavers), but also with the Bronze era which is very well represented by domestic utensils, tools, weapons, ornaments. The collection of the Roman era is best represented by epigraphic and sculptural monuments, as well as architectonic elements – such as capitals, column trunks, column bases.
An attraction object is the big-sized painting (3/4 m), painted in 1898, by the Hungarian painter Kōrōssfōy Krisch Aladar which has in the centre the figure of the reformer David Francisc. The painting illustrates the scene of freedom proclamation for religious cults in Transylvania within the Diet from Turda from 1568 held in the Roman-Catholic Church.
Intended for Vama Sării from Turda, the building served also as temporary residence of Transylvanian princes during the visits in the area, from where comes the name of Royal House or Voivodal Palace.