The statue of Saint George is located on M. Kogălniceanu Street in front of the Reformed Church, being a valuable equestrian monument from Cluj. It is a representation of St. George killing the dragon, a faithful copy of a statue from Prague, made by craftsmen Martin and Gheorghe from Cluj, in 1373, at the order of the Emperor Carol IV.
The inscription on the pedestal is in Latin language: A.D. MCCCLXXIII HOC OPUS IMAGIS S. GEORGII PER MARTINUM ET GEORGIUM DE CLUSSENBERCH CONFLATUM EST, in an approximate translation “A.D. 1373. This work represents Saint George and it is made by Martin and George of Clussenberch.”