The University Museum in Cluj was established in 2001, its collections having over 750 original pieces and facsimiles (student report cards, yearbooks, academic manuals, documents, diplomas, postcards, pictures, different scientific instruments, medals etc.). They help rebuilding the history and activity of colleges, faculties and universities in Cluj-Napoca from the 16th century until today.
The museum hosts a mini technical collection containing old instruments from the Faculties of Physics, Chemistry and Biology, used in time on the applied research in Cluj. Among them: Hilger spectrograph, mono and binocular microscopes, oscilloscopes, radio signal generators. Also, data are presented related to the establishment of ”Babeş-Bolyai” University in 1959, by uniting the Romanian and Hungarian universities, as well as a history of the evolution of this European multicultural institution.