Bob Church located on Bishop Ioan Bobeste street is the first Romanian Church erected in the inner city of Cluj. Because the Romanian population had no right to live or build in the city, was originally declared “food store”. At the beginning of the 19th century, under the supervision of the architect Joseph Leder was erected a church in Baroque style, similar to the Holy Trinity on the Hill Orthodox Church.
It was built at the initiative and with the financial contribution of Bishop Ioan Bob, with the tacit consent of the local authorities. In 1948 the church passed in the patrimony of the Romanian Orthodox Church, after 1990 being returned to the Romanian Church United with Rome.