In the Mărăşti neighbourhood, on December 21st 1989 Avenue, at no. 85 lies the Church of St. Peter and Paul, in the location where, in the medieval period, was the village of St. Peter’s. The present church was erected on the foundations of a place of worship in the 15th century.
The project was developed by the architect Anton Karerbauer, resulting in a monument in neo-Gothic style. The Church was built between 1848 and 1850, the portal in front of the church being brought from St. Michael’s Church between 1957 and 1960, when this was in the process of renovation. Behind the church lies the statue of Saint Mary the Protectress, the creation of the sculptor Anton Schuchbauer.