Skip to content

“Sfânta Troiţă” (Holy Cross) Monastery of Feleacu

In the hillside of Feleacu village, located at about 8 km from Cluj-Napoca, lies the Monastery of the “Holy Cross”. In 1488, the voivode of Moldavia, Stephen the Great (1433-1504) built here the church of St. Paraskeva of Feleacu. It is a church with a polygonal altar above which it can be identified the broken arch, specific element of Gothic style, the painting on the vault seperating the altar from the nave dates from the 18th century.

In 1993, it has laid the foundation stone of the church dedicated to the Holy Cross, a monumental church realized in the Moldavian Byzantine style. In the courtyard of the monastery is a museum which represents a reconstitution of house from the area of Feleacu in the 19th century, rebuilt between 2008-2010. This museum includes a few icons on glass, of Nicula, and a number of old prints including the Gospel from 1682 of Stephen Cantacuzino.