Petrechevich – Horváth House is located at the intersection of the Museum Square west side with Constantin Daicoviciu Street, being built by Major Dániel Petrechevici – Horváth in the early 19th century, with the desire to become the center of social and artistic life of Cluj. But this project was a failure because Reduta Palace already had this role.
At the end of the 19th century, the building became, by inheritance, the Reformed College property, so that in 1925 it was bought by the Romanian state, for the University Institute of Archeology. Since that year it houses huge collections of objects, but also the most important archaeological discoveries in Transylvania. It is currently home to the National Museum of Transylvania History.
The museum is currently being restored, with only temporary exhibitions opened.