In 1870, in the Văleni village, Călățele commune, the Pandur family built a house with only one room, later known as the one-beam house. In the first decades of the 20th century the house was extended, by sticking to the east side another house which was demolished and stuck in the position where it is still found today. After 1981, the house was used by the young people of the village for meetings during the winter holidays, they named it „Bagoly Vár” (Owl House). Currently, the property is owned by two Scottish citizens who founded the association – TARNAT- Kalotaszeg Durabil. A part of the house is organized as a small village museum, where workshops and meetings related to the traditional techniques of restoring old houses are organized.
Phone: (004) 0731-629.418