The Bánffy Castle in Răscruci, Bonțida commune, was built at the end of the 18th century and has been included in the list of historical monuments in Romania since 2010, being part of the heritage of the Cluj County Council. The castle was built in an eclectic neoclassical style, being surrounded by a park. The current form of the Răscruci domain is the work of Baron Ádám Bánffy.
The baron studied in Berlin, and in 1873, in Karlsbad he met some carpenters from Breinz (a Swiss region famous for its carpentry workshops), and for two months he took lessons from them. Around 1875, the baron set up a workshop in the great hall on the first floor of the Răscruci castle. Here he made the coffered ceiling of the dining room, in the style of the German Renaissance paneling, pieces of furniture, the carpentry elements in the central hall. Baron Bánffy made decorative ceramic objects and two terracotta stoves with rich plastic decoration in his workshop in the castle.
The coats of arms of the old owners and the names of the most representative personalities from the history of Hungary and Transylvania are printed on the boxes in the ceiling. Above a door is carved the Latin inscription „Salus intratibus pax exeuntibus” („Health to those who enter, peace to those who leave”). He made the wooden paneling and parquet of the hall, the neo-Renaissance furniture and, in the winter of 1878–1879, the terracotta stove with green enamel. It seems that this would have been made after the model found in the salon of Emperor Franz Josef. On the three sides of the upper part of the stove are carved scenes depicting the election of chieftain Arpad, the foundation of Hungary and the meeting at Ópusztaszer. The three outlined scenes above the girdle immortalize the loss of the 1526 Battle of Mohács by the Hungarians. It was presented in 1900 at the Paris Exhibition.
Between the years 1885–1886, were built the rooms on the upper floor, the sumptuous central hall that includes the stairs with the solid wooden railing and the skylight of the hall, with stained glass windows. In 1948, the state nationalized this castle, between 1967-2007 a special school operated here under the General Directorate of Social Assistance and Child Protection Cluj. Through an extensive restoration process, which took place between 2021-2023, the castle was restored to its former glory. Currently, the edifice has been transformed into a cultural reference point, representative of Transylvania, also able to host cultural-artistic events.