In Ciucea locality, Octavian Goga (1881-1938), one of the most important cultural and political personalities of the interwar period, buys the field that belonged to the Hungarian poet Ady Endre (1877-1919). Veturia Goga, the widow of the poet, donated the location to the Romanian state, today the mansion being a museum dedicated to the life and activity of Octavian Goga. Also inside the property was erected the funerary monument of Octavian Goga.
The monastery, located just besides the road E 60 which connects Cluj-Napoca and Oradea, was founded in 1939, recommencing its activity since 1994, after it was closed during the communist period. The wooden church from here was brought in the same year (1939); it is from Salaj County and is currently used by the community of nuns from the monastery.