In Unirii Square, on the corner with King Ferdinand Street, is the building known as the Hintz House, preserving the core of the house that has existed since the 15th century. In fact, there are remnants of the Renaissance style. The current appearance dates from the first part of the 19th century. This building housed the first pharmacy in Cluj, since the 17th century.
From the middle of the 19th century, it came into the possession of the Hintz family, hence the generic name of “Hintz House”, until its nationalization. At present, since 1954, the building houses the Pharmacy History Collection, a section of the National History Museum of Transylvania.