This 4-storey secession-style complex with luxury apartments was built by a wealthy entrepreneur named David Sebestyen from 1912 to 1913.
The first insurance company in Cluj operated in this building. Currently, it hosts the activity of the editorial office of the “Tribuna” magazine, the offices of the Fine Artists Union and the Writers’ Union, the branches in Cluj-Napoca. For decades, on the ground floor, it has been working one of the largest bookstores in Cluj, which had several names over time, currently being called “University Library”. Commemorative plaques are placed on the facade of the building honoring the heroes who died in this place during the December 1989 Revolution.