Skip to content

The Firemen’s Tower

The Firemen’s Tower, originally called the Locksmiths’ Tower or “Little Gate from Soap Street”, was finished during the time of Ştefan Bathory, when a tower was built on this bastion, completed in 1574. The height of 28.5 m gave it good visibility, fulfilling an essential condition – the possibility of effective surveillance of the surrounding area for the observation and signaling of fires. Rehabilitated through a project financed by European funds, the Firemen’s Tower offers a special, 360-degree panorama of the city, the entrance to the objective being free for tourists.

Currently, it is set up as an urban culture center, presenting various exhibitions, objects and old photographs, specific to the activity of firefighting.