The Congregation of Virgin Mary Sisters was founded in Blaj in 1921 in order to take care of the orphans after the First World War. This congregation was the first women congregation in the Romanian Church United with Rome. In Cluj -Napoca, this congregation has founded the Institute “St. Teresa” and “St. Mary’s” High School, the buildings of these hosting today the National College George Cosbuc.
Between 2003-2008, in the Borhanci area of Cluj-Napoca, was built a monastery dedicated to Virgin Mary. Virgin Mary Monastery is the first high monastic settlement founded by this congregation after the fall of the communism.