Skip to content

“The Ascension of the Holy Cross” Monastery of Căşiel

At about 25 km from Dej, from the road connecting between Dej and Baia Mare, is attested a monastery dating back to the 18th century. In 1959 the communist authorities dissolved the monastery, which is refounded in 1991, being dedicated to the Ascension of the Holy Cross and Holy Trinity.

The wooden church is of 18th century, built of oak bars joined in dovetail technique on stone foundation, being considered one of the most important Romanian architectural monuments of Transylvanian space.

Website: www.protopopiatulortodox.ro/manastiri/manastirea-casiel